FAQs By Topic
How Does A
Generally Asked Questions
- Create an online profile. This will give My Property Circles (MPC) an understanding of what you would like to invest in, how much money you are able to invest and your long-term goals.
- Our platform will match you with like-minded, financially suitable people.
- Create your “Circle” with those you have chosen to start your property empire with.
- Setup a Unit Trust for the group. This Trust then purchases the properties
- My Property Circles will connect you with our professional partners. They will guide and advise on property purchase, legal requirements, bookkeeping, property maintenance, accounting and more.
We find you Property Circle buddies who suit your needs i.e. type of property, how much you want to invest annually. MPC will match everyone to maximise success with lending and investment goals. For example, person X wants to do international and local investing, and can offer high income, so they will get matched with someone with assets, and/or international connections. You just need to tell us what you are trying to achieve and we will find the right people for you.
- Company Pty Ltd
- Self-Managed Super Fund (SMSF)
- Mixture of above
- Start Up – Create a circle with your relatives, giving the kids something for the future
- Renovation Circle – For Investors with cash who are able to contribute extra money to the circle to renovate and flip properties quickly
- Development Circle – For cash investors who want to crack into the building and development of large scale properties
- Lifestyle Circle – Investors who may want to buy acreage or beach side investment for AirBnB or rentals
- International Circle – Investors who would like to get into a particular international property market
- Commercial Circle – Investors who are interested in commercial buildings or areas
- Mansion Circle – High end, High upfront deposit for those who want to reach for the stars!
- Please see the Self-Managed Super Fund (SMSF) Fact Sheet
The minimum term is 5 years. If you would like to exit before this you would be required to sell your shares to another party within your circle or choose another to join the circle (with all existing members to agree)
- Default – Sell all Properties. Issue Units to all Trustees or, if all members agree;
- Renew for another five years, and add more properties
- Take a Property Each
The key to success is to have very strict criteria on the rules. As a ‘circle’ you need to decide what you are willing to buy, and how much you are willing to spend. This is all written up in a legal document, and everyone sticks to the rules. There will be an independent chairman, who meets with the group and keeps everyone focused and on track. It’s very much run like a company, with a chairman, treasurer, secretary etc.
You would be expected to be the guarantor of the loans within the property circle.
As a director you would be required to have good credit history
The director will be paid for their service via a percentage of the equity built within property circle or a set fee. This is determined by the group and set in the mandate.